- Contact Premium Q Moving and Storage for a free quote.
- File a change of address form with the Post Office and inform institutions and subscriptions of the change.
- Retrieve your medical records. Ask your medical providers to recommend a colleague in your new city.
- Decide which items can be sold, discarded or donated to charity.
- Notify the local utilities at your origin/destination to have service turned off/on as needed.
- Decide which items you will be packing yourself, and which will be packed by the movers.
- Call Premium Q Moving & Storage to book your move.
- Schedule a materials delivery with Premium Q Moving for the items you will be packing yourself.
- Sketch out a general floor plan of your new home to determine the placement of furnishings.
- Make arrangements to move your plants, pets as well as larger items (swing set, trampoline, etc.)
- Check your homeowner’s policy to see if moving is covered by your insurer and transfer insurance to cover fire, theft and personal property at your new home.
- If the origin or destination is in an apartment building, reserve the elevator time for the day of your move.
- Also check if either building requires to provide Certificate of Insurance.
- Confirm if you require a parking permit. Notify your moving company if one should be obtained.
- Notify your moving company if anything about your move has changed ( date or time being moved etc.).
- If it’s not part of your service with Premium Q Moving, arrange the disconnecting & connecting of all appliances at your origin and destination.
- Safely dispose of flammable items such as gasoline, matches, bleach, cleaning fluids and aerosol cans. Drain the fuel from lawnmowers and other gas-powered equipment. If shipping an automobile, top off fluids like oil and antifreeze, but make plans to have the gas tank less than half-full.
- Discontinue regular services like newspapers delivery, trash pick-up and lawn service.
- A Premium Q Moving Customer Service Representative will contact you to confirm the date of the move. At this time, evaluate your progress with packing and let us know if you need our help.
- If you’re moving interstate, arrange for the payment of your Premium Q Moving driver at destination. Unless your move is being billed to your employer or previous credit approval has been secured, payment by cash, certified check or money order is required before unloading.
- Coordinate with any contractors at your home to ensure the Premium Q Moving has clear access on move day. Transfer bank accounts so you don’t lose any interest and transfer the contents of your safety deposit box. Make arrangements to disconnect or connect local phone service at your origin/destination.
- Determine which items you will be taking with you (small valuables and necessities). Pack and set them aside in a designated area.
- Use up all frozen food or give them away.
- A Premium Q Moving Customer Service Representative will contact you to confirm move start time and review last minute details.
- Our representative will ask you for your decision on valuation. If you have not decided, a handout explaining the different levels of protection can be found in your Premium Q Moving & Storage folder.
- Pack a box of things you’ll need as soon as you arrive at your new home. Take this box with you, or have your Premium Q Moving driver load it last and unload it first.
- This is usually the day packing is done; verify all packing services have been performed before signing for them. Defrost, clean and dry your refrigerator.
- Plan to be at your current home when our driver arrives and throughout the loading of your shipment. If you’re not able to be there, make sure the driver has the name and number of the person you’ve designated to oversee the process.
- Check the condition of your goods as they are inventoried and loaded. Make a final tour of your home/property and verify that nothing has been overlooked.
- Sign the Bill of Lading, double-checking your new address and phone number are correct.
- Lock all doors, windows, turn off all switches.
- If possible, arrive at your new home a day early to make sure utilities are connected. Plan the placement of major items in/around your home.
- Pay the driver after unloading your goods.