Moving from Boston to Springfield isn’t such a naive task. In fact, it’s a quite difficult one. There will be a lot of things going through your mind and moving tasks which may seem impossible from time to time. However, with a proper plan and support, it can be much easier. Once you know what to focus on, you can make this process much less stressful.
Moving from Boston to Springfield – planning the relocation
Every relocation requires making some big decisions. Disregarding the emotional toll and personal doubts which its bring, one of the major questions will be how will you move. There are three ways to relocate your home, and you need to pick the right one.
The choice lays between:
- DIY relocation – Implies that you do all the moving tasks on your own.
- The mixed approach – Combining the help of professional movers and DIY approach.
- Hiring moving services – Letting reliable and capable movers like Premium Q Moving and Storage Boston to do all the hard tasks instead of you.
Relocating on your own
You have to be aware of just how much DIY move will take your time and energy. If you go into this process unprepared properly, it is most likely that your stress levels will be on its maximum. For moving within the same city limits, this type of move might be a good solution. For moving from Boston to Springfield – it’s certainly isn’t.
Long distance move requires every second of your time, undivided attention, complete focus solely on the moving task, and a lot of meticulous planning. Even if you invest this effort, that won’t guarantee that relocation will be successful.
And don’t forget the moving injuries. With so many chaotic tasks to be done, tips for avoiding moving injuries can easily slip your mind. When they do occur, they can be very serious and lead to a lifetime of pain.
Bottom line is that DIY move, in this case, should be crossed off your list of moving options.
The mixed approach
This kind of moving option means hiring labor movers to assist you with your relocation. However, most of the moving tasks will remain on your shoulders. Labor movers can only be responsible for loading your boxes into the moving vehicle. Packing and transporting your shipment will be in your hands.
Even if you know to drive a big moving truck, are you aware of the dangers lurking on the open road?
Over 37.000 people lose their lives in the car crashes all over America. Would you really want to risk being a part of that traffic statistic?
Hiring professional movers
Hiring one of the reliable long distance movers Massachusetts has to offer is the safest and the best option when moving from Boston to Springfield. Basic services of the moving companies include loading, transporting and unloading all of your belongings. Meaning there’s no heavy lifting from your part what so ever.
If you purchase the additional packing services, then you have created the best conditions for the completely stress-free move.
Start looking for a new home and neighborhood
When you choose one of the moving option, its time to focus on finding a new living space. The best tip is to list all the neighborhoods in Springfield you will like to live in. Prioritize them according to your needs. Explore the costs of housing and other living expenses. Cross any neighborhood which isn’t affordable to your budget of the list.
In fact, here are some things to focus on when choosing a new neighborhood:
- Public transportation
- Quality of schools
- Entertainment options
Point of relocation is to enjoy the benefits which it brings, and you won’t be able to do that if you’re unhappy with the neighborhood you’re living in. Even if you’re moving commercially, where you live is a big factor in your quality of life. Once you find the neighborhoods you like, start looking for available housing.
Avoid the biggest relocation mistakes when moving from Boston to Springfield
The best way to ensure the successful move is by avoiding common moving mistakes. Knowing what they are will help you to surpass them. Learn on others mistakes, don’t repeat them and you’ll be the halfway there. Take a look at some of the biggest mistakes you should avoid:
- Hiring cheap movers – Price doesn’t always match quality, but in the moving industry, it makes a big difference. The higher the rate, the more secure your relocation will be. It’s just a fact and the one that can save you from a lot of hassle. The moving business is very competitive, but the prices of the moving services don’t very much. Meaning that hiring cheap movers with a lot lower prices won’t get you the high quality of service and it brings a lot of risks.
- Not starting on time – The more you delay your relocation, the harder and more stressful it will be.
- Not decluttering your home – One of the basic moving preparation is to get rid of the things that you no longer need. Bringing all of your household items will not only increase your moving costs, but also delay packing and unpacking, and clutter your new home. Every home has some unnecessary things, and they have no place in your new home.
- Wrong budget planning – Stretching your finances more than they can handle will create a lot of problems during and after your move. Adding all the cost and properly calculating will keep you from getting debt or spending more than you can afford to.